If you’ve ever had the unfortunate situation of having your perfume spilled on the carpet, you’ll know this is one of those life-ruining scenarios. If it happens frequently, you can be sure that the smell will linger.
There are some things that can help. Here’s how to get perfume smell out of carpet:
Steps to Remove Perfume Smell from Carpet
1. Wipe up any spills with an absorbent cloth.
2. Allow the fabric to cool down before you attempt to clean it.
3. Spray a neutralizer on the fabric.
4. Use a carpet cleaner, or follow the carpet manufacturer’s directions for cleaning carpet stains. Some stain removal products may not work on these types of stains, so it’s best to call your carpet professional first!
If that doesn’t work, try some dry-cleaning chemicals or a stain remover product available at a grocery store.
5. Vacuum the carpet.
6. If the stain is wet, blot with an absorbent cloth or paper towel and spray it with a dry-cleaning solvent, then vacuum again. Repeat until you no longer see any color on the cloth or paper towel when you blot the stain.
7. Make sure you hang the item(s) and allow them to dry thoroughly. This is important to reduce the risk of mold growth in items like purses, where the fabric and perfume may come into contact with each other more than on other clothing.
8. Once you have washed whatever is stained and it has dried, the stain should be gone.
9. If you’re still not satisfied, re-spray the fabric with a neutralizer and repeat the steps listed above.
10. If you stain occurs while wearing the item (for example by spilling red wine on it), consider another type of fabric to wear over it – think of how different colored shirts would work.
Carpet is one of the most common and versatile home furnishing items that you can have. These days, you can find a lot of carpeting options to choose from and there’s no doubt that it would be a good investment in the long run.
Carpeting your home will provide many different benefits. Some of them are warmth and comfort, aesthetics, and sound absorption among others. Remember, try to clean it within 12 – 24 hours when possible, otherwise, the scent may be permanent.